One more marvelous project to be completed soon in UAE to make it a heaven for tourists, it is the Yas Island. The island is the site of a US$36 billion development project by Aldar Properties. It occupies a total land area of 2,500 hectares, of which 1,700 hectares will be claimed for development. The island will feature attractions such as a world-class motor sports racetrack which will be used to host the Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix from 2009 onwards, a movie theme park by Warner Bros called Warner Bros Movie World, signature hotels, the Ferrari theme park, water park, and the Abu Dhabi destination retail development of 300,000 sq m retail area, links and parkland golf courses, lagoon hotels, marinas, polo clubs, apartments, villas and numerous food and beverage outlets that will create a unique international tourist destination. The future resident and working population on the island is estimated to be around 110,000. I would like to share some of the important facts and information regarding the island.
Yas Island General Information
- Yas Island is 25 km2 ; approximately 7.5 kilometres long by 6.5 kilometres wide, and is located on the North East side of Abu Dhabi’s mainland.
- Yas Island offers 32 km of waterfront.
- The development is roughly a 30 minute drive to the main island of AbuDhabi and 50 minutes from Dubai Marina.
- Yas Island is well positioned in relation to transport links, being only a 10 minute drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport.
- Yas Island is an unrivalled destination with over 20 hotels, 3 theme parks, a Super Regional mall, golf courses, several marinas, commercial and residential developments
- The Yas Marina Circuit, a Formula one venue which had host the Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in 2009
- On the island there will be three theme parks inclusive of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
- The first ‘phase’ of development will be completed for the end of 2009
Yas Marina Circuit
- Yas Island will feature a racetrack designed by the world-renowned Hermann Tilke known predominantly for the race circuit in Shanghai.
- Iconic grandstands, corporate lounges, a full range of pit, paddock lounges and team facilities, uniquely arranged along the marina waterfront will ensure Yas Island makes an immediate impact in the motor racing world
- The only ‘open’ Ferrari driving school in the world.
- There will be a drag racing strip along the eastern waterfront.
- Yas Island will be opening the first “Links” Golf Course in the Middle East Region.
- The course on Yas Island will be an 18 hole, championship course with rolling hills and seashore green locations.
- The course is designed by world renowned course designer: Kyle Phillips most notably known for The Kingsbarn Course at St. Andrews, Scotland and he Grove in London.
- There will be 6 hotels within close proximity of the links course.
- Floodlit driving range and practice/ academy course will compliment the course as well as a 4000 sqm luxurious clubhouse.
- The western shore where the links course is situated is of immense ecological significance to Aldar and the Yas Island Project. This is substantiated with the new mangrove plantations totaling 130,000 plants.
- Was on schedule for soft opening at the end of 2009.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
- Yas Island will accommodate the world’s first Ferrari theme park, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi when completed will be the world’s largest indoor theme park.
- Derived from the classic double curve of a Ferrari GT car’s body shell, the roof will cover an area of approximately 200,000 sq metres.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is a theme park for the entire family with numerous attractions including interactive shows and rollercoasters.
- The park will contain VIP services, lounges and amenities to cater for every need.
- There will be a Super Regional Mall that will house famous retail brands from around the world in over 500 stores and 4 floors including lifestyle, fashion & boutiques.
- There will also be room for a complete town centre concept, contained in a number of adjacent buildings and built under a 88,100 m2 roof
- The Yas Mall will have one of the largest free standing roofs in the world, showcasing 296,000 m2 of the world’s best retail space.
- Adjoining the Yas Mall will be will be Abu Dhabi’s first Multi-purpose Retail Park (100,000 m2)
- Three major department stores will be accommodated.
- A large hypermarket covering an area of 17,000 m2
- The Central Zone: world’s most dazzling spectacle with powerful large video screens and an oasis of shimmering water and fountains
- Many buildings within the Yas Retail area to have roof top dining and fully landscaped garden areas.
- Yas Mall will have an interior environment, lushly landscaped, and featuring many water effects to add to the refreshing atmosphere of the retail destination.
- In terms of entertainment a Multi screen Warner Bros. Cinema will be situated within the retail area with a total capacity of 1000 people.
- 16,000 parking spaces
- High fashion boulevard dedicated to haut couture will be incorporated into the final design.
- Integrated with Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Warner Brothers and Water Park for easy access and convenience.
- Yas Island will host several world class mega-marinas
- Contains over 1400 berths (both permanent and guests)
- Yas Island will be a premier yachting destination providing full service, state of- the-art berthing facilities.
- 143 berths with mega-yacht capability
- The marina is illuminated underwater
- Landside amenities include yacht brokerages and charter companies, chandlery, provisioning store, crew lounge and meeting facility.
- Yas Yacht Club (YYC) – a world class yacht club will sit at the entrance of the marina.
- YYC will provide an exclusive retreat for luxury yacht owners and guests
- The club’s signature architecture provides a beacon of pre-eminence for the unique structure located at the entrance to the luxurious marina
- Will house fuel docks, water taxi service and an emergency response vessels
- Integral component of the waterfront developments being designed and built by Aldar marinas
• The Northern Marina
- Residential marina located to the northeast of Yas Island
- Nestled amongst a series of gardens, seating areas, cafes and performance pavilions.
• Yas Cays Marina
- Approximately a 900 berth marina
- Four precincts ranging from VVIP to family and leisure, offering food and beverage destinations, retail and shopping and residential “piers”
- Features a signature hotel and will host seasonal festivals and events
Warner Bros. Theme Park
- Aldar is in active discussions with Warner Bros to finalise a schedule to deliver this dynamic theme park on Yas Island. We will release more information about the completion of the Park in the near future.
- The Warner Bros. theme park will include many of the Looney Tunes, Hanna- Barbera & DC Comic characters
- Warner Bros. is creatively involved in the development and design of the theme park and hotel.
- Warner Bros. has developed, owned and managed theme parks across the world, including Australia’s Gold Coast and Madrid, Spain. Warner Bros. also has licensing agreements with several theme park companies in the US and Mexico City
Yas Island Water Park
- Aldar is actively planning the delivery of the Yas Waterpark and will release more information about the target completion date in the near future.
- The water park will be themed and well landscaped to provide a relaxing and enjoyable family atmosphere.
- The water park will set the benchmark for family fun on the Yas Island, where you can spend a few hours or the entire day
- The park will feature a wave pool, lazy river, and a special children’s play area
- Several different food and beverage areas available throughout the park
- The Yas Island Water Park is currently in design and concept phase, more information to come.
- Yas Island is an incomparable venture that develops one of the world’s most exciting leisure and residential environments along the waterways of Abu Dhabi
- This will be achieved by the seamless integration of architecture including gardens, parklands, canal systems and water features
- The island will offer a variety of modern low-rise and mixed-use residential apartments, including villas to rent, lease and own
- Look forward to the perfect investment opportunity, or even better, live a luxury lifestyle with panoramic views from a two-tiered exclusive waterfront apartment by the lagoons