Need for mechanization in construction Industry
- The work can be done speedily.
- The work can be done in time.
- Large quantity of materials can be handled , so the size of the project can be increased
- The complex projects involving high grade material.
- High quality standards can be maintained.
- Time schedule can be kept.
- Optimum use of material ,man power and finance.
- Due to shortage of skilled and efficient man power.
1. Highway projects
4. Power plant etc…
Commonly used construction equipments
1. Earth moving equipments
2. Hauling equipments
3. Hoisting equipment
4. Conveying equipment
5. Aggregate and concrete production equipment
6. Pile driving equipment
7. Tunneling and rock drilling equipment
8. Pumping and de- watering equipment
Sources of Equipment:
Factors affecting the selection of construction equipment
1.Availability of equipment.
2. Suitability of job condition with special reference to climatic and operating condition.
3. Uniformity type(easier operation and maintenance , easy exchange of spare parts and operating personnel)
4. Size of equipment.
5.Use of standard equipments(made by several companies so that easy purchase and delivery)
6.Country of origin.(If importing foreign exchange facility should be easily available)
7.Unit cost of production – cost of running
8. Availability of spare parts and selection of manufacturer.
9.Availability of local labour for operations.