Formwork Safe Practices Checklist during Design and Construction
Reading time: 1 minute
A safe practice for formwork during construction at site is important for safety of workmen. Improper erection of formwork can cause damage to structural element as well as pose threat to the safety of workmen.
Following are the safe practices checklist for formwork:
Formwork Safety Checklist during Design:
1. Formwork should be properly designed for the structural element considered and its working drawing should be available at site.
2. Design of formwork should consider all the loads it will experience during casting of concrete structural members.
3. Strength of materials used for formwork should be adequate to support structural load as well as other loads imposed on it.
4. Formwork design should indicate the rate of concrete pour, height of concrete pour, temperature and sequence and schedule of concrete pours.
5. Working drawing of formwork should have detailed dimensions including pouring pocket size, compaction opening and cleanouts.
6. Formwork design should consider the safe bearing capacity of soil.