🕑 Reading time: 1 minuteWhen we hear the term ‘Civil Engineering,’ our eyes and ears usually do not give the anticipation as they do after hearing about new iPhones, cars, or artificial intelligence. Civil Engineering innovations have their greatest impacts on the quality of human lives. Buildings are the largest contributors to greenhouse gases. Civil Engineers make powerful buildings and other pivotal facilities which can make our life great. Traffic Engineering is also a part of the Civil Engineer’s job. Urbanization means we have less land, so we must go taller. Civil Engineers design tall buildings so that the building can be used in various ways, and thus with the quality of Civil Engineers, we can fight with urbanization effectively. We all crave to be residents of a smart planet. But to have one, we need smart cities, which would require smart buildings. And only qualified civil engineers can only make these kinds of smart buildings or smart homes, and there are many more reasons to choose Civil Engineering instead of other core engineering streams like Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Choose Civil Engineering Career
- 1. Work within Sectors that Spread into a Wide Range:
- 2. Leaving a Mark in the World:
- 3. Making a Difference in People’s Life:
- 4. Jobs are Highly Required:
- 5. Excellent Pay Potential:
- 6. No Retirement:
- 7. Traveling Opportunities:
- 8. Creativity:
- 9. Respected Profession:
9 Reasons Why You Should Choose Civil Engineering Career
1. Work within Sectors that Spread into a Wide Range:If you choose Civil Engineering as your field of job, be ready to be amazed by the sectors like:
- Geotechnical- The Engineers of Geotechnical Engineering use the principle and theories of rock mechanics and soil mechanics for investigation. The foundation of a structure is the main focus of this sector of civil engineering.
- Environmental- Project of this sector plays a crucial role in identifying all issues that can act as the leading causes of public health-related potential risks like water and air pollution.
- Power and Energy- Projects of offshore wind farms and oil rigs are also included in this sector.
- Bridges- This includes massive bridge projects.
- Structural engineering and construction, Water Resources, and Transportation.