🕑 Reading time: 1 minuteConstruction management degree can be obtained from universities online, or distance education and as a full-time course. But what are your objectives for a construction management degree? Why do you want to pursue a degree in construction management? These questions need to be answered before you opt for this degree.
What is Construction Management?Construction management is the study and practice of the managerial and technical aspects of construction projects to maintain the quality of construction, delivery timelines at a reasonable cost.
Need for a Construction Management Degree?Construction industry is the largest industry in the world. Economy of world today depends on infrastructure development. Construction industry has the ability to provide economic growth around the world. Construction industry employs the largest number of people in the world. According to Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) the responsibilities of a Construction Manager falls into the following 7 categories:
- Project Management Planning,
- Cost Management,
- Time Management,
- Quality Management,
- Contract Administration,
- Safety Management, and
- Construction Management Professional Practices
- Defining the responsibilities and management structure of the project management team,
- Organizing and leading by implementing project controls,
- Defining roles and responsibilities and developing communication protocols, and
- Identifying elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
What are construction management degree courses available? Construction management degree courses are available in three formats:
- Online degree
- Correspondence or distance education
- Full time classroom course