Construction estimator plays essential role in the success of building construction projects. There are several requirements that each construction estimator need to have in order to produce proper estimation. For instance, he/ she needs to have sufficient knowledge about drawings and be able to read drawings. Not only do they need to set up schedule for pricing but also understand construction method, possess experience in construction procedure and different materials.
What are the Requirements of Good Construction Estimator?
- Building construction estimator needs to have adequate knowledge about drawings of works
- Estimators must be able to read drawings correctly.
- He needs to bill the quantities accurately.
- Good construction estimator should be able to prepare schedule to be priced by tender
- He is required to have sufficient knowledge about the construction procedure that is adopted; different items of the works involved in the execution and various materials used in the construction.
- An understanding of a good method of preparing an estimate.
- Good estimators are required to be consistent throughout their works