🕑 Reading time: 1 minuteThe preparations of detailed construction estimate consist of working out quantities of various items of work and then determine the cost of each item. This is prepared in two stages.
- Methods of Detailed Construction Estimation Preparation
- i) Details of measurements and calculation of quantities:
- Details of measurements form
- ii) Abstract of Estimated Cost:
- Abstract of Estimate Form
- The detailed estimate should be accompanied with:
- Factors to be considered while Preparing Detailed Estimate:
- Data for detailed estimate:
- Fixing of Rate per Unit of an Item:
Methods of Detailed Construction Estimation Preparation
i) Details of measurements and calculation of quantities:The complete work is divided into various items of work such as earthwork concreting, brickwork, reinforced concrete, plastering etc. The details of measurements are taken from drawings and entered in respective columns of prescribed proforma. The quantities are calculated by multiplying the values that are in numbers column to Depth column as shown below:
Details of measurements form
ii) Abstract of Estimated Cost:The cost of each item of work is worked out from the quantities that already computed in the detailed measurement form at workable rate. But the total cost is worked out in the prescribed form is known as abstract of estimated form. 4%of estimated Cost is allowed for Petty Supervision, contingencies and unforeseen items.
Abstract of Estimate Form
The detailed estimate should be accompanied with:
- Drawings (plans, elevation, sections)
- Design charts and calculations
- Standard schedule of rates.