🕑 Reading time: 1 minuteA sedimentation tank is structure in which wastewater is filled and stored for some time to remove the suspended particles present in the water. These particles may settle at the bottom of the tank and are removed by using scrapers. If the suspended particles have low specific gravity than water, they settle at the top of the tank.
- Types of Sedimentation Tanks
- Types of Sedimentation Tanks based on Methods of Operation
- Types of Sedimentation Tanks based on Shape
- Types of Sedimentation Tanks based on Location
Types of Sedimentation TanksDepending upon various factors sedimentation tanks are classified as follows.
1. Based on methods of operation
a. Fill and draw type tank
b. Continuous flow type tank
2. Based on shape
a. Circular tank
b. Rectangular tank
c. Hopper bottom tank
3. Based on location
a. Primary tank
b. Secondary tank