🕑 Reading time: 1 minuteStability of slopes in open excavation in different soil condition along with the factors that control slope stability in open excavation are discussed.
Fig.1: Various Excavation Condition
- Factors Affecting Slope Stability in Open Excavation
- Excavation Slope Stability in Cohesive Soils
- Excavation Slope stability in Cohesionless or Partially Cohesive Soil
- Excavation Slope Stability in Rocks
Factors Affecting Slope Stability in Open Excavation
- Types of soil
- Time during which the excavation is required to be open
- Allowable degree of risk of slipping which is determined based on the existing structures and new constructed buildings around the excavation area.