🕑 Reading time: 1 minute
Reinforced Concrete Structures Protective SystemsThe objective of providing a protection system is to extend the life of the structure and to reduce the number of future repairs and the rate of deterioration of the concrete structures. Protective systems consist of materials and methods that provide the following protective qualities:
- Reduction in chances of corrosion of steel reinforcement.
- Less deterioration of the concrete.
- Less penetration of moisture, chloride ions, and other contaminants into the concrete. This can be achieved by providing surface treatments, applying electro-chemical equipment, or by modifying the PCC overlay.
- More abrasion or impact resistance.
- More resistance to other deleterious attacks.