🕑 Reading time: 1 minuteProper concreting of reinforced concrete columns, pedestals and footings is needed to ensure desired strength and durability of these structural members. Improper method of concreting may lead to corrosion of steel reinforcement due to pores, cracks in concrete and concrete may not achieve its target strength on setting. This may also lead to failure of columns, pedestals or footings on during occupancy of the structure.
Checklist for Concreting RCC Columns, Pedestals and FootingsThings to keep in mind before starting concrete works at site are:
- Formwork inspection for strength, leakage and surface finish.
- Reinforcement inspection as per drawing, lap length, correct lapping guidelines as per code.
- Inspection for concrete cover to reinforcement.
- Inspection for alignment of structural member as per drawing.
- Availability of sufficient construction material at site.
- Availability of concrete vibrators.
- Proper safety PPEs and safety measures
- Proper ratio of concrete mix should be confirmed.
- Availability of slump testing equipment.
- Availability of cube casting equipment.