List of standard codes for the supply, fabrication and delivery of structural steel and miscellaneous steel items for the work are given here.
1. I.S. 226 : Structural steel (standard quality)
2. I.S. 808 : Rolled steel beams, channel and angles sections.
3. I.S. 1099 : Structural steel (ordinary quality)
4. ASTM 06 : General requirements for delivery of rolled steel plates, sheet piling and bars for structural use.
5. I.S. 1367 : Technical supply conditions for threaded fasteners.
6. I.S. 3757 : High tensile friction grip fasteners for structural engineering purposes.
7. I.S. 814 : Specifications for covered electrodes for metal arc welding for mild steel.
8. I.S. 3613 : Acceptance tests for wire flux combination for submerged-arc welding.
9. B.S. 639 : Covered electrodes for the manual metal arc welding of mild steel and medium tensile steel
10. AWS. A-5.1 : Specification for mild steel covered arc welding electrodes.
11. AWS.A-5-17 : Specification for hard mild steel electrodes and submerged arc welding.
12. I.S. 1052 : Specification for rolling and cutting tolerances for hot rolled steel products.
13. I.S. 2074 : Ready mixed paint, red oxide zinc chrome, priming.
14. I.S. 102 : Ready mixed paint, brushing, red lead, non-setting, priming.
15. I.S. 300 : Code of practice for use of structural steel in general building construction.
16. I.S. 875 : Code of practice for structural safety of building : Loading standards.
17. I.S. 1893 : Recommendations for earthquake resistant design of structures.
18. B.S. 449 : The use of structural steel in building.
19. I.S. 816 : Code of practice for use of metal arc welding for general construction.
20. I.S. 4353 : Recommendations for submerged arc welding of mild steel and low alloy steel.
21. I.S. 823 : Code of procedure for manual metal arc welding of mild steel.
22. I.S. 817 : Codes of practice for training and welding of metal arc welders.
24. I.S. 1182 : Recommended practice for radiographic examination of fusion-welded butt joints in steel plates
25. I.S. 5334 : Codes of practice for magnetic particle flaw detection of welds
26. ASTM E. 94 : Recommended practice for radiographic testing.
27. ASTME. 109 : Dry powder magnetic particle inspection.
28. ASTME. 130 : Wet magnetic particle inspection.
29. ASTME. 165 : Liquid penetrant inspection.
30. I.S. 1477 : Code of practice for painting of ferrous metals in building all allied finishes.
31. I.S. 1161 : Steel Tubes for structural purposes
32. IS:1363 : Hexagon Head Bolts, Screws and Nuts of product (Part I to III)
33. I.S. 1852 : Rolling and Cutting Tolerances for Hot Rolled Steel Products
34. I.S. 3502 : Steel Chequered Plate
35. I.S. 3757 : High Strength Structural Bolts
36. I.S. 1200 : Method of Measurement