🕑 Reading time: 1 minuteStrength, resistance against failure is the important property of any civil engineering material. Every material is to be tested for its strength before going to use it. There are various external forces which acts on materials in different ways. To calculate a material strength, some assumptions are to be considered which helps the material for its safe design strengths. The assumptions are discussed below.
Assumptions in Strength Calculation of Building MaterialsThe following assumptions are made in strength calculation of structural analysis.
- The material is a solid continuous structure.
- The materials is homogeneous and isotropic in nature.
- Self-weight of the material should be neglected.
- Principle of superposition is considered as valid.
- Principle of St. Venant’s is considered as valid.