🕑 Reading time: 1 minuteThe stepwise procedure for design of reinforced concrete beam is given here. 1. Reinforced Concrete Beam sections should be designed for:
- Moment values at the column face (not the value at centre line as per analysis)
- Shear values at distance of 'd' from the column face. (not the value at centre line as per analysis)
- Moment redistribution is allowed for static loads only.
- For beams spanning between the columns about the weak axis, the moments at the end support shall be reduced more and distributed and the span moments shall be increased accordingly to account for the above reduction.
- Moment distribution shall be done in such a way that 15% of the support moments shall be added to the span moment without the support moments getting reduced.
- The section within the span shall be designed for the increased span moment which will account for the concentrated and isolated loading that may act within one span.
- Moment redistribution is not allowed if
- moment coefficient taken from code table
- designed for earthquake forces and for lateral loads.
|Sl. No.||Member||Span/Overall Depth Ratio|
|1.||Plinth Beam||15 to 18|
|2.||Tie Beam||18 to 20|
|3.||Floor Beams||12 to 15|
|4.||Grid Beams||20 to 30|