🕑 Reading time: 1 minutePermanent formwork construction method is used to:
- Speed construction, especially of downstand beams
- Provide high-quality finishes
- Promote low tolerances
Non-Composite Permanent Formwork:Non-composite precast permanent formwork is used to speed the erection process and assure quality finish. This is particularly useful on exposed spandrel beams which require specialized finishes or profiles. Polystyrene void formers can be introduced into rectangular sections to reduce self weight. The above units can be used in the main elevations supported by trestles and column formwork used in the curved elevation.
Composite Permanent Formwork:Beam shells perform number of functions:
- They are generally designed to support precast floor units and construction loads
- To act as formwork for infill in-situ concrete
- To act compositely with the in-situ infill to support permanent loads.