🕑 Reading time: 1 minute
- What is Plate Load Test?
- Apparatus for Plate Load Test on Soil
- Procedure of Plate Load Test on Soil
- Calculation of Bearing Capacity from Plate Load Test
- Calculation of Foundation Settlement from Plate Load Test
What is Plate Load Test?Plate load test is done at site to determine the ultimate bearing capacity of soil and settlement of foundation under the loads for clayey and sandy soils. So, plate load test is helpful for the selection and design the foundation. To calculate safe bearing capacity suitable factor of safety is applied.
Apparatus for Plate Load Test on Soil
- Mild Steel plate
- Hydraulic jack
- Reaction beam or reaction truss
- Dial gauges
- Excavating tools