How to Check the Strength of the Brick at Site?
Join TheConstructor to ask questions, answer questions, write articles, and connect with other people. When you join you get additional benefits.
Log in to TheConstructor to ask questions, answer people’s questions, write articles & connect with other people. When you join you get additional benefits.
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
This is a common building construction material. Nowadays concrete bricks are taking the place of traditional bricks.
Traditional bricks are used for two types of walls. The testing of brick is the same for its uses in any type of wall.
Following are the site tests to check the good quality of bricks:
Bricks are of two sizes ;
The bricks may contain harmful ingredients like alkalies, excess magnesia and excess lime. To know these values we have to do lab tests.
Some methods are followed to test the brick strength at site are as follows :-
1. The good brick should well burned with uniform shape and colour, free from cracks and the colour of the brick is red or copper with homogeneous texture.
2. The brick should be square, straightand sharply defined edges.
3. The brick should be hard when strucked each other it should gives metallic ringing sound.
4. It should not brake while stacking each other or droped from height about 4feet on to the ground.
5. The brick after emersion on water for 1 hour the water absorption should not be more than 15% of its weight.