what precautions should be taken during the cube test
Join TheConstructor to ask questions, answer questions, write articles, and connect with other people. When you join you get additional benefits.
Log in to TheConstructor to ask questions, answer people’s questions, write articles & connect with other people. When you join you get additional benefits.
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Precautions for use of concrete compressive testing machine:
1. The operation should be carefully checked and carefully operated according to the steps before starting and operation, and illegal operation is strictly prohibited.
2. When operating, it is strictly forbidden to exceed the marking line on the vertical column (50mm).
3. It is strictly forbidden to start the motor at high pressure to avoid damaging the electrical appliances.
4. Always check whether the hydraulic oil of the tank is sufficient, and the oil standard shall prevail.
5. Replace the hydraulic oil and clean the tank every half year when using frequently.
The cube test is the Remove the specimen from water after specified curing time and wipe out excess water from the surface. Place the specimen in the machine in such a manner that the load shall be applied to the opposite sides of thecube cast. Align the specimen centrally on the base plate of the machine.
Precautions for Tests The water for curing should be tested every 7 days and the temperature of the water must be at 27+-2oC. Procedure for Concrete Cube Test Remove the specimen from the water after specified curing time and wipe out excess water from the surface.
Cube Testing The cubes are generally tested at 7 & 28 days unless specific early tests are required, for example to remove a concrete shutter safely prior to 7 days. Usually 1 cube will be tested at 7 days and 2 cubes at 28 days, however this may vary depending of the requirements, check the design first.