How to repair Honeycombs in Column?
Join TheConstructor to ask questions, answer questions, write articles, and connect with other people. When you join you get additional benefits.
Log in to TheConstructor to ask questions, answer people’s questions, write articles & connect with other people. When you join you get additional benefits.
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Causes of honeycombing in the column:
Following are the remedies of honeycombing in the column:
Hope this helps.
For repairing Honeycomb in Concrete you have follow below procedure:-
1. Remove all loose aggregate and concrete particles with the help of wire brush.
2. Now clean the surface finer and remove all particles.
3. Let the surface dry and well and now apply chemi-fix glue on the area.
4. Now mix the concrete grout with white cement and water as per requirement.
5. Now apply the paste into the affected area and fill all Honeycomb completely.
repairs of honeycomb in column steps are as follow
A= before repair
B= after repair.
Honeycombs, especially in columns, have to be repaired with great care since colors are very crucial to structural failure. Follow these steps :