I want to know the new practices in the field of planning, execution, quality in the construction sector.
Join TheConstructor to ask questions, answer questions, write articles, and connect with other people. When you join you get additional benefits.
Log in to TheConstructor to ask questions, answer people’s questions, write articles & connect with other people. When you join you get additional benefits.
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
New technology in civil engineering :
here I am discussing interesting new technology in the field of civil engineering.
It has been seen that it is very difficult to adopt any new innovations in Construction Industry especially in India.
When we talk about Construction of Residential Buildings it has been observed that the the variation in cost could be matter a lot. When final estimation sanctioned and at the time of execution it seen that 3 factors affect this capital :
Note: Above is the condition in case of Residential Buildings only.
This suggests that every project needs a Good Decision.
Suppose, if you have :
Now the Question is what method of formwork Do You Use? To complete your project.
Now a days less number of companies Using Mivan Formwork. It comes from Malaysian Company.
Is this Case we can use this method. This is method you can cast one floor at a time as single unit. Less thickness of Concrete wall made that increases the carpet area. It is made of Aluminum so obviously it is less weight and easy to handle and in this method there is no wastage of materials, this formwork made a air tight casement so no league of concrete is possible.
So, what i thought, in India, near in 2 to 3 years every company will adopt this technique.
Edit 1: Someone are thinking that it a Old technique. My simple Question is that Is there any company in India presently using Robotic Technology or Nano Technology ? As both are invented before independence only. Just read my first sentence of this answer and comment accordingly.
Edit 2: Just think Which formwork is best and why? If you have 3 options Timber Formwork, Steel Formwork and Aluminum Formwork. Now, when i said Aluminum Formwork, so is it that Aluminum Formwork is nothing but Mivan Formwork?
Note: Every Mivan is a Aluminum formwork but every Aluminum Formwork is not Mivan.
Right from Rotating towers (Dynamic tower-Bubai) to self reparing roads (in a villageIndia-Developed by ) Hyperloop there are many innovations coming up day by day.
As many friends have discussed few topics above. I would like to share what latest technologies / innovations being implemented in my surroundings.
As a part of Junctions development few grade seperateors are proposed in Hyderabad city.
Construction methodology followed at one of the locations is first of its kind in Hyderabad .
Only the foundations are cast-in-suit and rest all are brought – placed & pre stressed in stages for speed up in construction .
At few other places steel piers and girders are proposed.
=> Precast building construction is growing up rapidly.
=> Box pushing methods for underpass / RUB
=> Aerocon ACC blocks -super strong & light weight for fast and easy construction used by many developers.
These are few things on construction side.
Coming to software’s with latest technologies/Innovations in Civil 3D …etc..
All the designs i.e. alignment design , structure design etc…can be done in one go as per exactly integration with Google maps.
What ever latest technologies/innovations came or coming. Olden techniques are always mind grabbing and beyond the imaginations.
Civil engineering rocks…
1. New Emergent Materials. These materials can be “grown” as opposed to built. They posses properties that react to certain to certain conditions that make them change. While some of these are still in very early development and others not yet in production, when they do become available, how will our industry change when a structure can grow itself with pre programmed instructions for perfect engineering.
2. Generative Design- the ability of a computer to create an architectural or engineering design without Human Intervention. Its “fed” data from 1000s of previous design projects and uses that to optomize and create “its” own.
3. Laser Scanning Point Clouds- A laser or a multiple photographs is used to create a 3D mapp of a structure or surface. This blows away traditional surveying.
4. 3D Printing- Additive Manufacturing that produces products by extruding material layer by layer. Entire buildings have been produced this way.
5. Robotic Prefabrication- Robots enable the production of a structures parts in pieces within controlled enviorment factories. Components are produced and assembled and than delivered on the sight for drop in place finish. This dramatically reduces labor and schedule.