On what basis is the pile foundation recommended?
Join TheConstructor to ask questions, answer questions, write articles, and connect with other people. When you join you get additional benefits.
Log in to TheConstructor to ask questions, answer people’s questions, write articles & connect with other people. When you join you get additional benefits.
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
pile foundation most recommended with the property of soil. this foundation mostly used in weak soil at the surface.
Pile foundation is used at
World tallest building Burj Khalifa stands on friction pile and raft foundations.
As per my knowledge and experience pile foundation is recommended for the below situations.
1. When building loads are very heavy and concentrate or UDL loading.
2. In High rise structures
3. In Bridges and water tank
4. When the soil layer is very weak and doesn’t able to resist the building load then we have to use a pile foundation.
Pile foundations are used on the following situations :-
– When there is a layer of weak soil at the surface.This layer cannot support the weight of the building, so the loads of the building have to bypass this layer and be transferred to the layer of the stronger soil or rock that is below the weak layer.
– When a building has a very heavy, concentrated loads, such as in a high rise structure, bridge or water tank.