What are the responsibilities of a construction manager?
Join TheConstructor to ask questions, answer questions, write articles, and connect with other people. When you join you get additional benefits.
Log in to TheConstructor to ask questions, answer people’s questions, write articles & connect with other people. When you join you get additional benefits.
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
The following roles or responsibility should have in construction manager are:-
• Cost Estimates
• Purchase of selected materials before the construction is to start
• Selection of bidders
• Analysis of proposals
• Contract negotiations
• Scheduling and Monitoring
• Control on the cost of construction
• Supervision of construction work
The responsibilities of a construction manager are as follows :-
1. Checking and directing construction projects from conception to completion.
2. Reviewing the progress of work on the daily basis.
3. Selecting tools, materials and equipment and track inventory.
4. Reviewing the project in depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
5. Overseeing all offsite and onsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
6. Coordinating and directing construction workers and subcontractors.
7. Preparing internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
8. Analyse, manage and mitigate risks.